Are You Addicted to Food?
Here are some clues that you are addicted to food.
The more intensely or more frequently you experience these feelings and behaviors, the more addicted to food you probably are:
- You consume too much of certain foods. You are addicted to food when you eat even if you are not hungry because of cravings.
- So you worry about cutting down on certain foods.
- Feeling sluggish. Therefore feeling fatigued from overeating. Feeling tired overall.
- You have health or social problems (affecting school or work) because of food issues. Yet you keep eating the way you do despite negative consequences. You know you shouldn’t but you can’t stop.
- You have spent time dealing with negative feelings from overeating certain foods. So instead of spending time in important activities such as time with family, friends, work, or recreation you spend time with food.
- When you have had withdrawal symptoms such as agitation and anxiety when you cut down on certain foods. Do not include caffeinated drinks such as coffee, tea, and energy drinks in this. Drink more water!
- Your behavior with respect to food and eating causes you significant distress.
- Issues related to food and eating decrease your availability to function effectively. So in your daily routine, job/school, social or family activities, health difficulties it’s noticeable.
- You need more and more of the foods you crave to experience any pleasure or to reduce negative emotions.
Call us with any questions. 215-343-3223. We are happy to answer your health related questions.