Sciatica Treatment With Routine Chiropractic Care?
Sciatica pain is very common among men and women. It happens when the sciatic nerve gets irritated. The sciatic nerve is a long nerve which extends from your lower back and goes all the way down to the back of both the legs. When it comes to sciatica treatment, chiropractic care is known to have a lasting positive effect. Let’s explore Sciatica symptoms and causes in detail. And find out how chiropractic care can be effective in pain management.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica refers to the nerve pain that comes from sciatic nerve irritation. The radiating pain starts in the lower back of the patient and goes down to the legs along the sciatic nerve.
Symptoms And Sciatica Treatment
Usually, the pain radiates from the lower spine of the patient to their buttocks. And then it ends in the thigh or calf. So discomfort can be felt almost everywhere along the pathway of the sciatic nerve. Common symptoms include:
- Lower back pain
- Hip pain
- pain gets worse when you sit
- Tingling or burning feeling down the legs
- Shooting pain which might make it hard for the patient to even stand up
- Numbness, weakness, or difficulty in moving your foot or leg
- Typically it affects only one side of the spine.
- There might be numbness in one part of the leg and pain in the other
Causes Of Sciatica Pain
Sciatica usually happens when your sciatic nerve gets irritated. So it could be by a misaligned vertebrae or a herniated disc in the spine.
Some more causes of sciatica can be:
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. This is a condition in which the spinal canal in lower back of the patient gets narrowed.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – a condition in which discs breakdown. Because these discs offer cushion between the vertebrae
- Muscle spasm in the buttocks or back
How Chiropractic Care Helps With Sciatica Treatment and Pain Management?
Chiropractic care may turn out to be a perfect choice in managing and relieving sciatica pain. So getting routine chiropractic care allows patients to have a safe, non-addictive, and non-invasive sciatica treatment. So it also makes a perfect alternative to over-the-counter pain medications or prescription medications.
Chiropractors usually give a gentle, non-addictive, and non-invasive therapy to the patients of sciatica pain. Chiropractors deliver an adjustment to the affected area of the spine. It helps reduce any spinal misalignments or joint restrictions. All this while trying to reduce any inflammation. And also improve the function of the affected joint along with the nervous system. Therefore the increased joint mobility and improved function of the nervous system allows the body of the patients to manage sciatica symptoms in a better way.
Here are some health benefits of chiropractic adjustments and chiropractic care to help with management of sciatica pain.
- Decreased inflammation
- Reduced discomfort and pain
- Improvement in range of motion
- Increased flexibility
- Improved lifestyle and activity
So, if you have been experiencing any of the sciatica pain symptoms described above don’t wait. It’s time that you also seek chiropractic care to relieve the condition.
So please give us a call at 215-343-3223. You don’t need to continue suffering. You can also Contact Us Here to see if we can be a part of your sciatica treatment. We have been successfully taking care of patients in the Horsham and Warrington PA area since 2001.