Cholesterol Hype Can Not to be Trusted!
Millions of Americans are on some form of cholesterol-lowering medication. One example is statins. These cholesterol-lowering pills count for tens of billions of dollars each year. While these statins DO lower your total numbers, here some things you should know:
- It is a necessary molecule in the body and accounts for over 50% of the weight of the brain’s cortex.
- Cardiomyopathy (serious weakening of the heart muscle) is a known adverse side effect of statin therapy.
- It is a precursor to serotonin — a key hormone to feeling good and sleeping well.
- Cholesterol is the precursor to all hormones. Therefore, is vital to the many functions of the endocrine system including sexual function.
- At least 5% – 7% of statin users experience significant muscle pains.
- When it gets too low you could suffer from memory loss, low blood pressure leading to dizziness, and loss of libido.
- Reducing the manufacture of cholesterol in the liver simultaneously reduces the production of Co-Enzyme Q10. That is a vital anti-oxidant essential for healthy heart function. (Rather counter productive, don’t you think?)
- It is found in the cell wall of each one of the 70 trillion cells in your body.
- Statins DO NOT reduce the deaths due to heart disease. If you don’t believe this, just look for this disclaimer on the ads and website of the leading cholesterol-lowering drugs.
You can control your health. And you can control your own cholesterol levels. I always recommend people try to do this naturally at first and without side effects of dangerous medication. If you already are taking medication, do not just stop without consulting your doctor so they can properly monitor you. Lots of people have successfully come off medication with lifestyle adaptations. That can be you next!
Call us with any questions about your health. 215-343-3223